Today, small- to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) must be faster, more agile, and more flexible to keep abreast of market and technology trends and stay ahead of the competition. Many business owners, however, are surprised to learn of hidden inefficiencies dragging down operations and productivity.
This is why more and more companies are leaning towards managed services providers (MSPs) as a cost-effective alternative to hiring specialized in-house IT personnel. Furthermore, working with an MSP helps with identifying the inefficiencies and exploring the most efficient solutions to fix them.
Let’s look at ways an MSP can increase your overall productivity:
Automating your business processes and workflows enables your employees to work more efficiently. For example, an automation tool called “self-healing,” which is a preconfigured automated response to IT hardware service issues, frees up IT staff from having to diagnose and fix the issues themselves.
Streamlined interoperability and overall compatibility
Choosing and implementing new solutions from different vendors is a daunting and time-consuming task. Plus, a poorly implemented strategy will leave you having to deal with incompatibilities between disparate solutions and systems. With an experienced MSP like Athens Micro, you can choose, understand, and optimize each solution according to your needs.
Security and continuity
System crashes and cybersecurity incidents are inevitable, so to ensure business continuity, it’s best to employ the following solutions:
- Remote monitoring and management (RMM) – facilitates the monitoring of network operational activities through the use of remote devices
- Virtual private network (VPN) – creates a secure connection across a less secure network to the internet. This solution is great for employees working remotely.
- Patch management – keeps applications and hardware up to date to prevent crashes and avoid compliance issues
- Malware protection – provides a vital layer of protection across systems, applications, and networks against the most prevalent threats to businesses
- Disaster recovery – helps an organization prepare for security and privacy risks brought about by natural and manmade disasters, or human error
Adopting cloud-based applications and systems
A lot of SMBs do not have the in-house expertise to integrate and manage cloud applications. In fact, moving to cloud-based systems in itself may be too complex a task for you. A trusted MSP can serve as a strategic partner that will help you manage these applications effectively and efficiently.
Athens Micro can help with technology assessments, IT systems design, and project management. We also provide consultations for the latest innovations that accelerate productivity, including automation and improved communication and collaboration. Talk to us today and learn more about the benefits of partnering with us.
Like This Article?of our most popular posts